How can marina management best future-proof in rapidly changing marine environment?
The nature of marina management software sector is indeed changing. Today’s marina managers need to adapt fast in rapidly evolving marine environment.
Tone Britovšek, M.Sc., ICOMIA member and Marina Master software solution's founder with 25 years’ of experience in the marina management software sector worldwide see 7 trends that are shaping the future of marina management software:
1. MARINA MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE AS WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY IS BECOMING A MUST-HAVE. Innovative marina staff tend to leave their office often for dock walk, visiting customers, attending customer events and more. Forward-thinking marinas will be focusing on mobile-first, the trend is to provide as much functionalities as possible through mobile device, not only general services but also individual, for example that boater can order bottle of champagne on arrival from any mobile device.
2. AUTOMATION OF ALL PROCESSES & SERVICES IN MARINA. Therefore marina staff has more time for added value activities, talking with customers, which improves customer relationship. By the time marina staff make their first personal touch, the customer is already warmed up.
3. SECURITY THAT IS MORE ACCESSIBLE FOR MARINAS OF ALL TYPES. Principles of security will remain at the heart of development efforts. Marina Manager has got a ton of customer data to protect. The software solution has to provide SSL/HTTPS certified connection, backup, UPS and more.
4. CRM - THE HEART OF MARINA MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE SOLUTION. CRM, designed for marina specifics is becoming an increasingly important part of the marine industry. Software’s capability to deliver customer experience is requested by 94% of marina managers within Marina Master customers database worldwide. Innovative marina managers know that visiting a marina shouldn’t be just an urgent duty as finding a berth or fuel pump, but unforgettable holiday experience. They consider that every experience & moment of truth with their customer is goldmine for their strategy. Therefore the solution should be designed to improve marina management not only for managers and marina’s staff but also to improve customer experience with innovative modules, customized solution, optionally as Cloud Based.
5. MANAGEMENT REPORTS AND PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS WILL TAKE CENTER STAGE. Marina management software has to enable management complete overview of customer data, history & future reservations and customized specific reports & analytics, which allows management to forecast marina situation and customer behavior in certain times of the year.
6. TIME IS MONEY. SELF-HELP MIGHT NOT BE FOR ALL. Marina staff and customers require fast, immediate and preemptive responses while raising a request. For example innovation - assistance per berthing/arriving will keep marina staff on alert when customers come near marina on water/land. From other point of view this innovation enables customers to self-order assistance per berthing/arriving from any mobile device any time. The ratio between self-help and staff-help must be provided in the appropriate level depending on the service specifics.
7. CLOUD ADOPTION WILL CONTINUE TO RISE. The marina management software industry has been adapting to the changing technological dynamics of Cloud, IoT, VR and other. Marinas need to embrace dynamic technology. Marina Managers are increasingly requesting for Cloud Based Solution, which enables them better access to their data, flexibility, higher security and lower infrastructure costs.
“The marina management software solution that is flexible enough and develop continuously according to marina’s needs and latest trends, will boost their competitive advantage and improve their reputation among existing and potential customers”, said Tone Britovšek, M.Sc. President, Marina Master.