PIRIOU has just secured the order for two wind farm support vessels for the British operator WIND ENERGY MARINE. Built by PIRIOU VIETNAM, these two WFSV* 26W are expected to be delivered in spring 2018 in Europe and to be operated in the North Sea.
For Vincent FAUJOUR, CEO of PIRIOU, ‘These two orders make us very satisfied, especially as they are the first two vessels of a very new client. Support our customers in their development projects in making them benefit from our experience of the windfarm sector is a part of our DNA.‘
Andrew BAGSHAW, Managing Director of WIND ENERGY MARINE said this week: "We are delighted to have the opportunity to work with PIRIOU in what we expect will be a long term collaboration. Working with PIRIOU allows us to utilise our joint significant expertise and knowledge of servicing the offshore wind farm construction industry. Over time we plan to grow our fleet of vessels, which will be equipped with the latest vessel management systems designed to improve safety and vessel reliability".
With a proven design by © BMT Nigel Gee, BV classed, MCA CAT 1 certified under the new HS-OSC code, the vessels offer excellent manoeuvrability, good performance (27,5 kn at top speed) and low fuel consumption.
They provide safe and fast transfer within a range of 150 nautical miles from a safe haven.
To fit the requirements of offshore wind farms operators, they also include fundamental features:
- catamaran hull optimizes stability and provides maximum comfort during operations to deploy
technicians in wind-turbine operating zones
- proven efficiency and reliability of the bow fendering facilitates access to wind turbines
- they can accommodate 24 technicians and 3 crew members
- deck space has been maximised to good working areas forward and aft, full pay load is 20 t
- 8,5 t/m fore deck crane
- large fuel capacity of 25 m
for increased range and wind turbine supply
- equipment and comfort inspired by business class standards
- side doors allow direct access from the passengers lounge outward
- carefully designed wheelhouse ergonomics
(*) WFSV : WIND FARM SUPPORT VESSEL